Thursday, February 23, 2012

No Pressure


(Courtesy of CBS)

I was really awaiting this week's episode.  Many things started to unveil themselves in the last episode.  As an avid How I Met Your Mother fan I was really interested to see what was going to happen with Ted and Barney's love lives.  In many respects, I was happy if Ted and Robin got together again after five years because they were so great together, but I feel Robin's life is far to messed up at the moment.  As for Barney I was disappointed when they didn't expand on his feelings for Quinn in this episode and I'm still waiting to see the outcome of that potential relationship.  In this episode, it is unveiled by Future Ted that the last person that he said the words, "I love you" to before he met his future wife were Robin.  I feel this is going to be important later in the series because they showed an explicit scene with Ted and the back of the head of his future wife.  I feel that same scene may come up later towards the end of the series.  Before I go any further on my comments, I noticed that the last couple weeks, I have been tending to give synopses of the episodes in order to convey important life lessons or advice that can be useful to viewers.  I do want to apologize, so this week there no in depth summaries.  Instead I will leave it up to you to see this week's episode and to make those conclusions for yourself.  As for any critics of the show out there that feel the show is no longer as funny as it used to be, I will have to say the last couple of episodes are showing that writers have seen that.  The last couple of episodes including this one have been exceptional, but do not take my word for it.  You can see for yourselves.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen this episode yet! I saw the drunk train, so I'm itching to see this one. I can't believe Ted told Robin he loved her. As the audience we know Aunt Robin isn't going to be the mom. I can't help but cringing as Ted goes and ruins his friendship with her once again. Robin and Ted really just can't be together. They are too different. However Barney and Robin... I would love to see them together.

    ReplyDelete